When the Good Templars Hall was built in 1886 it was considered to be a very large building – it could accommodate 300 people when the population of Hafnarfjördur was only just over 400. It was the first public hall in the town, and for a long time it was the centre of cultural and social activity in Hafnarfjördur. Apart from gatherings of the Good Templars’ Order, the hall was the venue for meetings and entertainments held by many other associations. The first meeting of the Hafnarfjördur Town Council was held there. The building now houses an exhibition entitled „Gúttó – The House of the Templars and cradle of social and cultural life for 130 years.“ The exhibition deals with the history of the Templars and activities in the House over the years.